Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I'm mad at Larry Baer about Kim Kardashian & Kanye West



As I was going to sleep Monday night, I received some disturbing news via Twitter-- something jaw-dropping and bizarre: Kanye West rented out our beloved AT&T Park to propose to Kim Kardashian.

It doesn't make sense. They named their daughter "North".

It also doesn't make any sense that Kanye chose AT&T Park.

There's nothing more "LA" than the Kardashians and Jenners. They are a pillar of strength in the absurdity that is reality TV and the LA lifestyle. So what the eff were they doing in our glorious ballpark? I still don't get it.

None of these people, not one, has any ties to the Bay Area or the Giants, and the whole thing is just weird.

The story goes that Kanye is desecrating performing grabbing his crotch and chanting rhythmically at SAP Center, then Oracle this week and I GUESS he decided to rent out a baseball stadium to propose to his slore baby mama.

It says that AT&T can be rented as a full venue for $200k on the Giants website, so I get the monetary benefits of such a travesty/event. On the other hand... GROSS.

I honestly think it would've garnered the Giants a TON of goodwill and high-fiving from fans if it came out that Larry Baer had nixed the idea of this unholy proposal at 3rd & King. Can you imagine the story? It would have been great.

I personally think Kanye is a scumbag-- everything from the Taylor Swift VMA interruption to the horrific vibe-ruining performance in a leather skirt during the Hurricane Sandy Relief Concert, to the fact that he calls himself "Yeezus". Yes, he really thinks he's on the same level as Jesus.

Also, it makes my skin crawl knowing that a bunch of people who I'm sure are terrible sports fans, but would identify with the Dodgers and Lakers if asked their allegiances, were canoodling, gallivanting, and surely befouling and desecrating my team's dugout and the magnificent field that has brought all of us such joy.

If I was invited to an event at Dodger Stadium, I'd be going around taking pictures of my middle finger pointing around at various things. But hey, that's just me. I don't like the Dodgers, remember?


I know in the grand scheme of things, this means about as much as Kanye performing at SAP/Oracle, home of my beloved Sharks and Warriors (which doesn't mean much). But there's something a little more important and hallowed about a baseball park-- especially one as magnificent and history packed (in its short life) as AT&T Park. I'll get over it, but I'm still grossed out beyond belief.

Also, I apologize for the TMZ post. It won't happen again. Thanks for letting me rant.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if my calculator's right "Yeezus" will be paying approximately 4 days = 1 start of Timmy Lincecum - not so bad, isn't it ;)

    Cheers from Milan/Italy

    ReplyDelete